Sunday, November 11, 2007

Post 13: This is the Song that Never Ends



I’m not sure if this is exactly a music video, but it is the first video with music that I could remember seeing from my childhood. It is from the television show, Lamb Chops. Back then; I remember thinking that Lamb Chops was probably one of the coolest things ever. I loved watching it and I always sang along with the puppets to, “This is the song that never ends”, which was always played at the end of the show, and is shown in the video clip.

Seeing it again, I realize just how ridiculous the puppets actually look. When I was little I probably thought they looked more realistic and cooler. However, watching it now I thought the puppets looked a little creepy and I’m surprised it didn’t scare me when I was little. The song and basically everything else in the video is kind of cheesy and poorly made, as well. Before watching the video, I thought that the song was faster paced and more up beat, but I found the video to be kind of boring and annoying after awhile.

I just find it crazy how much your perspectives and feelings about things can change so drastically over time. It makes me laugh to think that something from my childhood that I probably used to think was the best thing ever could change into something that I find rather ridiculous and silly. You never really realize just how much you’ve grown up mentally and intellectually until you look back on things that you used to like when you were little. I also think it shows a lot about the changes that have been made in children television in our culture. Now most shows that kids watch are made on computers with digital effects. It shows that just over a span of about 15 years, the world has completely turned to technology and will undoubtedly continue this trend.

2 comments:

eduff said...

This really made me laugh after watching this video. I agree with you as I also remember seeing this show when I was little and thinking how great it was, but now watching it after many years, I realize how funny and ridiculous it is. It also shows how much TV has changed with things dealing with the puppets as in todays television world, characters look nothing like that. But I really liked your article on this video.

dylann said...

This video does bring back a lot of memories. Wow. Your perspectives do really change. I remember watching this and laughing thinking it was hilarious to sing along. Now I am just really annoyed by this song. I could not even finish watching the video it annoyed me so much. I believe you were right on when you talked about how as a child we thought this show was awesome. I think it is very weird to look back on things and see how different they are now. Things that we once loved when we were little are now just horrible. I can now understand why my mom would get mad when I would just watch these shows over and over. I know it was because they are so annoying.